Terms and Conditions
Disasters Emergency is a registered charity, number 1062638.
Registered company number 3356526, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England.
Registered office: 6th floor, Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9NA.
If you wish to print pages from this website (subject to the Terms and Conditions below) you will achieve best results by selecting A4 paper size.
We are currently adding new forms and factsheets to the DEC website which can be downloaded. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have this software on your computer you can download it for free from Adobe.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of this site is provided by the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. DEC reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In addition you must:
3.1 use the site for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
3.2 notify and seek the approval of DEC to any intended links to the website prior to making such links.
3.3 not copy, store in a retrieval system or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the website to any third party without the written permission of DEC.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to DEC and its members are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will DEC be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contact or in negligence except in the case of personal injury or death caused by DEC.
5. DEC does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from DEC. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by DEC to use any item displayed. The DEC logo is a registered trade mark. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs). Unless otherwise stated all images are copyright DEC.
7. The website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than DEC. Such links are provided for your convenience only. DEC does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their contents. DEC's inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
8. Whilst DEC makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website.
9. DEC shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to you for any loss or damage which may be suffered by your or any third party due to any clause beyond its reasonable control.
Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC)